Just a few of our special offers...
Recently Viewed Products
If you keep poultry you must keep a close watch for any signs of disease. If you have any concerns about the health of your poultry, you must quickly seek advice from your vet.
All bird keepers must now take extra biosecurity steps, including:
- minimising direct and indirect contact between poultry and wild birds
- making sure that feed and water can’t be accessed by wild birds
- taking all reasonable precautions to avoid the transfer of contamination between premises, including cleansing and disinfection of equipment, vehicles and footwear
- reducing the movement of people, vehicles or equipment to and from areas where poultry or captive birds are kept
- implementing effective vermin control programmes around buildings where poultry or captive birds are kept
- thoroughly cleansing and disinfecting housing and equipment at the end of a production cycle
- keeping disinfectant at the right concentration at key points such as farm entrances and entrances to bird houses